Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures!

I've heard a lot about people having challenges lately. The struggle in life seems so difficult and many people are having a tough time hanging on to the promise that God is good all the time and that all the time, God is good.  People are having a rough time financially or physically and they don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have to be honest. After listening to someone tell me last night that their situation was hopeless, I almost got to the point of agreement with them. Their situation seems hopeless. There is no light at the end. But, God doesn't want us to give up. I was reminded today of Joseph. It took many years for him to see his dream as Pharaoh's right hand man. When he was sold into slavery at the age of 17, I'm sure he wondered how he would ever become what God intended him to be and later when he was accused by Potiphar's wife and thrown into prison, I wonder if he thought, "I'll never get out of here." The Bible doesn't tell us he doubted yet, I wonder if at times he must have felt like giving up. 
Have you ever watched a tree growing? Several years ago when my family moved into our home, we noticed a little pine tree in the yard. It couldn't have been more that a couple of feet high. We watched that tree for many years, in fact, I remember two of my children writing a paper on the tree. It didn't seem to grow at all. Suddenly, it shot up and was four feet and then larger. It didn't get there over night and neither do we.  
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 says, " My grace is sufficient for you and my strength is made perfect in weakness. Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake.  For when I am weak, then I am strong."
It's never easy to go through pain and suffering, believe me, I understand and so did Joseph and so did the Apostle Paul.  The main thing is to hang on to Jesus. He won't let us down. It may take awhile to get to where we're going, but He WILL see us through and He WILL be there for us. 
Dear Father,
It's so easy to look at the circumstances that we face and to doubt you. I pray that you would help us to see that your hands are guiding us. We need only to trust you. Help us to see the BIG picture that you are preparing us for YOUR glory.
In your Precious name,
Amen

Comments

Popular Posts