Whats so great about a new year?

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23
  We are ticking down to the last day of 2011. Sometimes I wonder what's the point? Am I going to just repeat the mistakes of 2011 in 2012 or will things be different? I don't know about the rest of you out there, but I really don't want to repeat this year. There were many high points which would be wonderful to relive, yet there are some very negative events that if I had to go through them again, I think I might be very depressed indeed.
  Some wonderful highlights of the year were: gaining a daughter-in-law and a new grandson, request for a completed manuscript from a publisher, request for proposal from an agent, spending time with my family by travel or by time spent, being privileged to work with some of my favorite authors, Christian leaders and women.
  Not so good things of the year might be leaving a job that I loved, loss of friends or family by death or by misunderstanding. All of the negatives drain me emotionally and physically and show no real purpose except to guide me for the future. If I dwell on the negatives, I grow stagnate in my faith and fall. Likewise, I can get so caught up in the glory days of 2011 that I might miss the promise that a new year holds. What I propose to myself this year is that I take note of what God has done and trust Him to get me through the next year. His mercies are new every morning, even though I might feel like it's the same old thing. It's up to me to utilize each new moment.

Dear Lord,
Help me to realize that ever new day is of you and it is up to me to live the day as you would have me to. Please help me to do so. Help me not to be so wrapped up in the past that I miss the blessing of the present. Help me to build for your kingdom.
In your Holy name,
Amen

Comments

Popular Posts