But I Don't Want To!

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." Matthew 6:14-15


  I don't know about you, but there are certain people that the mere mention of their name conjures up all kinds of images; and not always good ones at that, they have either hurt me or damaged me emotionally. It's hard to forget. Unfortunately our minds sometimes go on forever and we remember every hurt, scar and bad thing done to us. It's definitely not easy to forgive people who have hurt us.

  Let's face it, they may not even know they hurt you or perhaps they do know. Being angry and unforgiving toward people doesn't hurt them. It hurts me. Jesus said that if we forgive people when they sin against us that we are forgiven by Him. If we don't forgive them when they sin, God won't forgive us. That's a sobering thought. I need to be constantly reminded to forgive as God forgave me. I want the Lord to hear my prayer. I want to bless others with my words and I realise that unless I am forgiving that I won't be a blessing. My prayer for you today is that you let go and forgive.

Dear Father,
I am sorry for my unforgiving spirit.
I pray that you would continue to bring to my mind those people that I haven't forgiven and give me a clean heart.
In your precious name,
Amen.

Copyright January 24, 2012--Kathy E. Eberly

Comments

Popular Posts