I'm back


To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
                                                            Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

   This winter seems to have lasted forever for me. Perhaps it's because since December many things that were out of my control have happened. I don't know about anyone else out there but when things are out of control for me I seem to hibernate, withdraw into myself. Fortunately, I have a husband, three grandchildren and a couple of close friends who won't let me so that. 
  I have had a time of blessing during this absence and I've had tears. I've had moments where it seemed that I didn't know how I would ever get through it. The situations in my life aren't necessarily going away but I can lean on God. It's so easy to forget that's He's there because I can't see Him; yet I feel him in the events of the day. I can see his hand of healing on various parts of my life and I know He will bring me through everything for His glory.
  So what is next? The Lord has brought many things to my mind. I haven't written in quite a while. I started editing a drama I wrote several months ago and am getting excited about upcoming episodes. Another thing that I am becoming excited with is the marriage of my son that will take place in early May and then I will be traveling to Spokane, WA to meet some friends that I have never met before. Lastly, I am hoping, Lord willing to go on my first mission trip. With the Lord's help and provision I plan to go with a group to Jamaica just before Thanksgiving to share my faith.  
  You can see that with spring coming up I have many things the Lord is bringing to my mind. I am excited about the road ahead. Now, if He would only do something with all this snow! :)
  

Comments

  1. Kathy, I love the verses you have posted - they have helped me many times...all that we live today has been done before by our ancestors..I am glad you have some positive things ahead for you..just keep leaning of God and looking ahead.
    I wish that I were going to be in Washington too to see all of you but don't think I can make it.
    God Bless
    Paula O(kyflo130@yahoo.com)
    a Goodreads friend

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts