Where Did I Go?

Philippians 4:7-"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." 
The past few years have gone by in a blink. All of the sudden I realized I hadn't posted in two years! Yikes! How does that happen? In all honesty, life happened. Things often happen beyond our control and we can't go back no matter how much we want to. Many things happened in my personal life, I lost my father-in-law who lived with us, our Our home went from having nine people in it to just the two of us and our two fur babies Snap and Luke. Did I say two? We live in the country and often people will get rid of their unwanted pets. Monday morning when I let Luke outside and a tiny critter wandered in scared and cold. A minute later his identical sister came in the door. we estimate these kittens to be eight weeks old. They are cuddly and loving and though the older two have not been happy a bond is starting.In June my father went into the hospital with a fever and not feeling well and within hours was in a coma for three weeks. He was in the hospital for five weeks or so.We learned he was suffering from the Powasson Virus; a tick born illness that is so rare only 100 people nationwide have contracted it and 10 have died. Dad has been in and out of skilled nursing facilities and the hospital since the beginning of June. My mom has attempted to care for him with the assistance of my brother and myself.God has been a close companion to me since before this event.In the past couple of years my own life was rocked when I was diagnosed with some serious health issues. Due to some of these, I lost considerable weight. I'm not looking or feeling the same. 
This year I celebrated a huge milestone in my life. My graduating class had it's 40th reunion. Every time I've had a reunion I have gone to great lengths to improve my appearance so people won't see me as the insecure person I was in 1977. God has a sense of humor. He allowed me to finally realize He loves me as I am and guess what? So do others. I am humbled. He continues to bless me despite my insecurities and doubts. This weekend I leave for what has been my favorite thing to do the past four years. I am going on my fifth short term mission trip to Jamaica November 10-18. I will be assisting a group of chiropractors who treat people and I get to work with children and pray with those with heartaches and needs. Some are so personal I can't even share. Hearts all over the world suffer from similar needs. My prayer for you is God ministers to you today. He cares for you more than you could ever know. What about you? What's going on in your world? I'd love to connect with you!

Comments

Popular Posts