Motivations of Life

Next week marks my 51st birthday. I have been looking at this milestone eagerly because for the first time ever I am in better physical health than I was a year ago. I am eating better and have lost over 60 pounds. I can stand to lose a few more however. I feel frustrated at times with my progress. For instance, from Thanksgiving through January 1, I gained and regained the same 5 pounds.

In January I decided to let go of that and press forward. So now I have gone past my plateau. It reminds me of the verses in Philippians 3:13-14 that says, "I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind me and reaching forward to those things which are ahead. I press toward the prize of the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Well, how about you? Are you still looking back at the flaws and failures of your past? Is this what is holding you back? It's not easy to forget our pasts but with God's help, He can help us get past them. A runner who looks back doesn't win the race! Have a wonderful week and remember to follow the Son!

Comments

Popular Posts