Life Happens!

When I was trying to find my soulmate as a young woman, I remember that I would try to capture the object of my affection with make-up. The more the better! I would buy whatever would make me look good and I would buy clothes that I felt made me look good. The sad thing was that I never felt secure in my appearance and I certainly didn't capture the attention of the young man that I was trying to win over. The gentlemen that I tried to win never noticed me that I knew of. That always seemed to frustrate me. I mean, what was wrong with me? Why didn't they want me or love me? It never occurred to me that maybe the problem wasn't me at all, but them. Maybe their standards were too high. Maybe they were inadequate in themselves. I am so glad that God doesn't judge me based on appearances because there are days that I know I'm not attractive. Especially when I'm dressed in my winter finery. You can't even see my face half that time and unfortunately I now look like my grandmother. That's not a bad thing, mind you; but you get my point.

There is a passage in I Samuel 16 that talks about when Samuel went to find the new king to replace Saul. One by one, Samuel pauses before each of Jesse's sons looking for the new king and one by one God tells Samuel that this son is not the future king of Israel. Finally, Samuel has gone through all of the sons except one 16 year old teenager. We all know the rest of the story. Samuel anointed David as future king of Israel and not only that, David ends up being part of the lineage of Jesus. Coincidence? No. It's a God incidence. Aren't you glad God doesn't look at us the same way as everyone else does?

Food for thought: When you get a chance, read Jeremiah 1:5 where it says that God knew us before we were even in the womb or even born. The way I see it, God has better taste!

Comments

  1. Hello Kathy, I hope you enjoy your new site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always felt encouraged by God choosing David, the one left out in the field watching the sheep, the one who was not considered good enough by his family to be invited in to see the prophet. God sees the heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts