One body in Christ

"For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ."  I Corinthians 12:12

I have noticed that there are many people out there who have talents in life that I don't possess.  There was a time that I resented that I didn't sing as well or look as pretty as someone else.  I wanted to have the same position in the church that they did, but I never seemed to get those jobs.  Looking back, I wonder if that was God's way of telling me that He had something different for me to do but I just didn't see it at the time. God says through the Apostle Paul that we are all members of the same body but we have different functions.

Can you imagine if the eye said, "I'm tired of seeing. I want to be the mouth today." Or if the foot said, "Listen, I've walked enough. It's time for the hands to do the walking." It sounds preposterous, right? Too often though, I know that I have tried to take on jobs that I knew in my heart was someone else's job at the time.  We all have jobs to do in the body of Christ.  God created each of us with different abilities and gifts.  Ask God today what He wants you to do. He has better ideas and plans than you could ever imagine.

Dear Father,
Thank you that you made us all the way that you have. I confess to you that sometimes I haven't always appreciated the gifts that you have given me, but I pray that you would help me use those gifts to honor and glorify you.
In your Holy Name,
Amen.

Comments

  1. Great post Kathy!
    Once we learn to accept our own talents, it makes our lives so much easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! Thanks for the invite. You are an excellent writer and I am getting excited to really get to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I am Dana Digirolamo on face book! : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts