Always Learning

"Acquire wisdom! Acquire understanding! Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth. Do not forsake her and she will guard you; love her and she will watch over you." 
Proverbs 4:5-6
  This past weekend I had the privilege to attend the American Christian Fiction Writers conference in Indianapolis, Indiana. It was one of the greatest highlights of my year and an experience that I won't soon forget. I have been writing seriously for the past year and my writing has taken many twists and turns in the process.  Had you asked me a year ago if I would have attended this event I would have laughed and told you that you were crazy.
  I met many amazing men and women at this event. Many of them have challenged me intellectually to improve my craft and I plan to take them to heart. I was honored to meet a pioneer in the modern Christian fiction market and to meet many writers that I respect. The biggest thing that I learned through this experience is that God is always teaching us. Even the greatest writers don't feel that they have arrived. They are always learning. It has shown me that although I may think I have arrived, we never will until we reach Heaven. My challenge today is this: what new thing does God want to teach you? Is it humility, love, patience? Whatever He wants you to learn, accept His challenge! Just think where it could lead you!

Comments

  1. It was a GREAT time wasn't it? Glad to have visited with you there. So looking forward to St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy...sounds like you has a wonderful time. Is this conference for fiction writers only?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts