I Can't Wait!


"And behold there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon and this man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel..." Luke 2:25
  If the past couple weeks have taught me anything it's that I'm not a patient person. For some reason the Lord has allowed me to be slowed down a bit with a back malady and I'm not sure how much longer it will be causing me distress. That makes me frustrated. I have practically worn a path in my carpet waiting to get my computer fixed. These matters all seem trivial in the light of what this week is all about.
  In Luke 2, there were a pair of aged saints who had been promised that they would meet God's Messiah. They waited for many years. I think if it had been me I don't know if I could have hung on as long as they did but God kept His promise to them both. I'll confess that I don't always have the trust that I should have. I wonder sometimes if God must feel sad to see that I'm so impatient with Him and His timing. He does know best and I can only see through my small vantage point. 
  Isaiah tells us that if we wait upon the Lord He will renew our strength and we shall mount up with wings like eagles. God does bring us through in whatever way He needs to to help us honor Him. So amidst the hustle and bustle of this Christmas season, try to remember about those who waited for a Messiah to be born to save us from our sins and as we wait, remember, He is coming again!

A little side note: due to technical difficulties, I was unable to promote the contest for the basket of my "Favorite Things" so I am extending it to the end of the week. Even though the basket won't be received until after Christmas, it will be a wonderful pick-me-up as you wait for Spring to arrive. The basket contains 4 autographed copies of books--Extraordinary Life Lessons from Ordinary Christian Women by myself, Mission Possible by Deborah McCarragher, Trapped in Hitler's Hell by Anita Dittman, and Friendship For Grownups by Lisa Whelchel. Also included are things to make a lady feel pretty and even chocolate. To win, you need to be a follower of this blog or a member of my author page over at Facebook and then make a comment. I would love to read comments about what Christmas means to you or your best gift. Be creative! God's blessings on a wonderful Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts