Will the Winter Ever End?

"Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy." I Peter 4:12-13.

  This winter has been a harsh one all over the country. There has been snow and cold in areas that are usually warm havens and even colder cold in the usual cold places such as Minnesota where I live. Several days this week we have had temperatures in the sub-zero region.

  The weather isn't the only thing that has been difficult this winter. Since December I have known no less than six people that have gone to be with the Lord. Some were expected and others were not. This can be very tough on all of us. For me, the latest death has hit me harder than all the rest. It was someone my age and it caught me off guard.
 
 Others have spent the winter sick with colds, flu bugs and other trials that would leave the most strong Christian buckle in exhaustion.  There have been some days that haven't wanted to get out of bed and I know many of you agree with me.  We wonder if this will ever end. God promises us that the trials are only for a short time and that we should glory with Christ because He suffered.  Now for me that's hard.  Yet I know that I am no better than Christ. What's a few days of sadness compared to a future with Him enjoying Heaven. One of my favorite songs is "It Won't Rain Always." I want to leave you with the words of this precious song.

Someone said that in each life some rain is bound to fall
And each one sheds his share of tears
And trouble troubles us all
But the hurt can't last forever
And the tears are sure to dry

And it won't rain always
The clouds will soon be gone
The sun that they've been hiding has been there all along

And it won't rain always
God's promises are true
The sun's gonna shine in His own good time
And He will see you through.
                                         Bill and Gloria Gaither

Comments

Popular Posts