The Power of Prayer

"Confess your trespasses to one another and pray for one another that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." James 5:16


  The past few weeks have been eventful ones in the life of my family. There have been many concerns on the mind of those close to me. Close relatives have gone through a great deal of concerns and I have asked trusted sisters and brothers in Christ to pray for those needs. A month ago, my youngest grandchild was born 9 weeks early. He was due in the first part of June and arrived on April 14.  There were many concerns during those early days and I know that my son and his wife were very worried. It's difficult to have your newborn child so far from you after they are born.
  To a small degree, I understood those concerns. I did what I could as a mother and a mother-in-law. I tried to offer support where I could, yet I couldn't help but feel that what I offered was small in comparison. To those of you who knew the situation from day one, you know that I leaned on you for your prayer support. I am so thankful for all of you throughout the world who prayed for my family during this time of uncertainty. You never let me down. Many of you called or emailed to ask how things were going. I am so blessed that though I have never met you face to face, I knew you were praying for my family.
  Tomorrow my grandson will come home after being in the hospital for almost five weeks. This is a huge milestone. I ask that you continue to pray for him and his parents. This is a new thing for them. They will need the Lord's guidance to parent him in the way he should go. I thank you again that you have been there for me, showing true love and compassion and prayer.

Comments

Popular Posts