Who Do You Trust?

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowlege Him and He will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6


  I don't know about you, but trust has not always been an easy thing for me. I trusted people who let me down. There were friends that I thought would always be there and yet, they deserted me. I think of some banking institutions that people depended on, companies that people worked for; all to close down and leave hundreds and thousands of people devestated financially. Let's face it, people will fail us whether we like it or not.

If that's true then, who can we trust? Who can we trust to carry us through when we can't go on anymore? Who will lighten our load if we can't count on others? The Lord promises us that if we lean on Him, he will guide us. He will direct us. Sometimes that path may look like a maze. Sometimes we'll feel like we've gone through the desert or in the cases of so many around me, the flood. He is the only one that we can trust to get us through. I know that when I trust in myself, my view can sometimes be distorted. I don't see everything, but the Father does! My prayer today is that whatever you are going through today, to lean on Him. He will carry you and me through! He keeps his promises!

Comments

Popular Posts