Baby Steps

  Every child born on earth needs to go through steps to become an adult. They each need to go through the process. It's the same with adults. Every thing we do needs to begin with a step. I started writing short stories when I was in fifth grade. If I could hold them in my hand today, they would probably look pretty crude compared to what I do now. Somewhere along the line, I had teachers that encouraged me. Some were English teachers and some weren't. I remember one of my teachers actually reading a short story of mine to my class. I was mortified at the time. The teacher thought it was great. The class didn't respond quite the same way. 
  Each of us has a story to tell. Whether it is one that we share with the world or with our close peers, is not different. What matters is, who are we telling the story for? If it's for God, great! He can take even the tiniest one and make it something great. I always wanted to write for God but I was pretty caught up in popularity. When I was young, I imagined being the next Grace Livingston Hill or Barbara Cartland.  For those of you who've never heard of them, insert your favorite writer here! I learned however, that I am me. I may not be popular or sell a million copies or sing like anyone famous, but I am me. I wonder why it took so long to grasp that thought. 
  The bottom line. Be what God wants you to be. He'll put the pieces where they belong!

"We are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10


Comments

  1. This is excellent advice, Kathy. We must all walk the walk that God has prepared uniquely for us. Anything else is dissatisfying. (And probably doesn't turn out that well!) If only we could quit the comparison game!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts