He Gives Us Grace

"But He gives us more grace, that is why the scripture says God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." James 4:6
  If there is anything I have learned the past few months it's that I am so thankful for God's grace. I've noticed that very few people have this trait. The past few months have been a learning experience for me. I was given a position that I wanted to last forever. I loved my work and I truly enjoyed the people I worked with. Time passed and I was under a tremendous challenge. I won't bore people with the details, but let's just say that it's at these times that you not only find out who your friends are, but you find out how tolerant people are to change and to people that they didn't choose. I realized that I needed to step back and away from the people I have grown to love and care for the past two years and attempt to find a new career. It has not been an easy time and I have found myself floundering in an abyss of self-loathing and anger.
  But in my time of frustration, several profound things impacted me. First, it was the loss of one of my dear friend's only son and I was forced to turn away from my selfishness and look at someone else. The sorrow she must still be feeling must be horrible. I know God will give her grace, but what is my role in all of this? What do I need to do? As I surrender to Christ, that direction will become more clear.
  Secondly, my grandchildren have come to live with me. I need to be Christ to them and I know that I am not always the example I should be. I need God's grace to fall fresh on me. I don't always seem to have the time to spend with Him that I need to, but if I avoid His direction, I feel as though I am fighting my battles by myself.
  The thing that I have been learning is that I need to trust that God has the grace to get through this time in my life. What about you? What do you need grace for today?

Comments

Popular Posts