When You Don't Understand

 There are a lot of things in life that I don't understand. For instance, I don't understand how people can abuse their children. I don't understand how an older person can be neglected by their families and I definitely don't understand parents who ignore their children's basic needs.
 Today I went to spend some time with my grandson in his pre-school doing crafts, playing games and singing songs. To be honest, it's difficult for me to relate small children at the age of 4 and 5 but in all fairness I do try. We watched as the teacher led the wiggly ones in singing the 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' and other songs. My eyes were drawn to two little girls. One who watched longingly to see if her mother would ever arrive. The other I believe hoped but didn't say anything. We went into a classroom to play bingo and do crafts. Because I was an "extra" grandparent, I assisted a couple of children whose parents or grandparents couldn't be there. A couple of more parents did arrive leaving one child without anyone. I should add that I understand that a person has responsibilities and isn't always able to attend, yet I do understand how the little one must have felt when no one was there. She and I put together a picture frame and yet I know she wanted 'Mommy' or 'Daddy.' At the end of the time, she buried her head in her arms and sobbed. I felt helpless.
 There are many things that make us feel helpless and each of us can only do what we can do in our own worlds. It might be as little as lending a hand to a young, struggling single mom, or a sobbing child or an elderly person.
  But what can we do what we don't understand? Sometimes I want to ask God those questions. I want to say, "God, why?" Let's face it, God is probably not going to give us an audible answer like he did in Bible times. He will, however, prompt us to help those in need or show love or maybe help financially for abused parents and children. Whatever way that God leads, I want to be there to show that love to each one.

Comments

  1. Awesome Blog....i like the nice design of it. Aswell as the topic. Im gonna tell a couple of my friends about this site. Oh and i also found this other site that i thought was pretty cool. its a christian books and music online store, and it has a bunch of things to offer like devotionals, worship music, bibles, and other stuff. Heres a link to it:

    http://www.chrisitianbooks-music.us/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts