Happy Thanksgiving!

  I have a lot to be grateful for this Thanksgiving. Last Friday, my father fell from a hay wagon and got a severe concussion and several broken ribs. He is in a great deal of pain, but he is still with us to see another day! I am so thankful! I have a good husband who always tries to support me in whatever I attempt. He supports my writing and encourages me. All of my children are living and all are fairly healthy. I have four beautiful grandchildren who bring me much joy and I have a home that keeps me warm. Above all, I am a child of the King of Kings and this brings me greater joy, even when I don't always feel like singing. I am blessed with much when I know that there are many out there who have less. I have much more than the first celebrators or Thanksgiving could ever have expected to have. They suffered loss of family and friends and endured so much more.
  My prayer for each of you is that God give you a safe and happy Thanksgiving as you think of those blessings that you have as well!

Thanks to God for my Redeemer

Thanks to God for my Redeemer,
Thanks for all Thou dost provide!
Thanks for times now but a memory,
Thanks for Jesus by my side!
Thanks for pleasant, balmy springtime,
Thanks for dark and stormy fall!
Thanks for tears by now forgotten,
Thanks for peace within my soul!

Thanks for prayers that Thou hast answered,
Thanks for what Thou dost deny!
Thanks for storms that I have weathered,
Thanks for all Thou dost supply!
Thanks for pain, and thanks for pleasure,
Thanks for comfort in despair!
Thanks for grace that none can measure,
Thanks for love beyond compare!

Thanks for roses by the wayside,
Thanks for thorns their stems contain!
Thanks for home and thanks for fireside,
Thanks for hope, that sweet refrain!
Thanks for joy and thanks for sorrow,
Thanks for heavenly peace with Thee!
Thanks for hope in the tomorrow,
Thanks through all eternity!



Lyrics by August Storm

Comments

Popular Posts