What if We Were as Children?

"Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." 
                                                                                                                      Ephesians 5:1-2


  I love my grandchildren. They are so fun to watch at their stages of development. My oldest granddaughter has a desire to see the lost members of her family come to Christ. In fact, I caught her asking her father if he would come to church with her. She's been praying hard. She wants to see her family in heaven when they all die. She's simply unashamed of her belief in Christ. She believes in her heart that her whole family will come to Christ and I have no doubt that they will because of her belief.
  What if we all believed as little children? What if we believed everything that God has promised to His children? What if I believed God's promises? Would I be different? Would I be an imitator of Him? Christ sacrificed His very life for us and in God's eyes it was a sweet smelling aroma.  I don't know about you, but I believe that if I did imitate Him, I might be mocked or laughed at or maybe I would be admired; but most importantly, I know that God would be honored.

Dear Father,
I come to you as your child. I want to be more like You.
Help me to become more trusting in You.
In Your precious Name,
Amen.
 

Comments

Popular Posts