Making Plans

"For I know the plans that I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


  35 years ago this week I graduated from high school. My biggest hope and dream at that time was to become a high school English teacher. I also wanted to be a writer. Within short order I realized that teaching in a school would not become my vocation.  I've talked with many other people who have said that the plans that they had at graduation were not what they had become. I applaud those who graduate from high school, go on to college and land in the profession that they always wanted. I used to wish that too. Then I read Jeremiah 29:11. God knows everything that we're going to do with our lives before we are even born. Of course we don't know so often we work by trial and error trying to find just where we are supposed to fit.
  In my case I have attended secretarial school, Bible college and medical assisting school. I've worked in hospitals and clinics, plastics plants and group homes. None of these were where I thought I would be, yet I am now in a place where I am content. God has given me a focus in a job I love and I am enjoying my life for the first time in a long time. How about you? Are you frazzled by worrying about where you need to be and wondering why things aren't working out the way you planned? Trust God. He knows where you need to be and He will put you there.

Dear Father,
Thank you that you know where we belong.
Help me to trust that you know what is best for me.
In Jesus name,
Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts