I Am Not Afraid

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?     Psalm 27:1

  When I was a young girl, I had a very vivid imagination. I remember staying at my grandparents' house and waking up in the middle of the night and seeing what appeared to be a frightening shape across the room from me. I was terrified to move. When I managed to get to the light, I learned that the terrifying form was that of my younger brother. Some scary creature, right?
   This past week has been a frightening one for members of our family  but because of faith that God would intervene, we can say with certainty that He has indeed done a mighty work. When we put our trust in God, even when things are disconcerting to us, we can always depend on Him to give us the strength that we need to get through.
  How about you? Are you going through challenges that you can't control? Trust that God will be your strength. He will bring you through.

Dear Father,
I thank you that you are my strength.
Thank you for your presence in my life.
In Jesus name,
Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts