Becoming New Again

"Therefore if anyone be in Christ he is a new creation: old things are passed away, behold all things are become new."  II Corinthians 5:17.

  I work with chemically dependent individuals. It's always interesting to watch them when they first arrive at our facility. Some are withdrawn and cold, some appear open and friendly. As time goes on we can tell if someone is changing for the better. Their attitude seems to change as they heal. Likewise it is for anyone who is in Christ. He can take the most horrendous of sinners and make them into someone new. I've read some fascinating stories of redemption recently and it's encouraged me. One man I heard speak at our state fair was sharing about his past drug use. He mentioned that he realized just how much he needed Christ and was now enjoying a new relationship with God.
  It encourages me to see people so excited about a new faith and trust in Christ and I love to see a new Christian who is vibrant and energetic when it comes to things of God. My desire is to continue to live as a new creation.  As a Christian I am not the same as I once was. I am a new creation!

Dear Father,
Help me to realize that I am a new creation in you. I am not the same person I once was.
Thank you for your love and healing.
Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts