You Can Trust Him!

Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens,
    your faithfulness to the skies.
Your righteousness is like the highest mountains,
    your justice like the great deep.
    You, Lord, preserve both people and animals.
How priceless is your unfailing love, O God!
    People take refuge in the shadow of your wings. Psalms 26:5-7


 I know we've talked about trust before yet it seems like this is a topic that I struggle with a great deal. Often I find myself placing my hopes, dreams and desires in others in this world. Many people place all their dreams in a spouse or family member and then when things fall apart, they are devastated. I'm no different. Recently I remember being told that someone would do something for me. When it didn't happen I found myself angry and cynical. God is trustworthy. He doesn't break promises, doesn't get tired and He definitely doesn't abandon us when things get tough, although at times we question whether He is there or not, He is there and He can be counted on. I notice in this passage that not only can God be counted on to be there for us, but for animals as well. Wow, I never saw that before! In other parts of the Bible it says that God takes care of the birds of the air. Well, if God can take care of them, He definitely can be trusted with larger issues, right? I don't know about you but I intend to trust God more completely with my problems.

Dear Father,
You created me and you can be trusted. I know I fail you so often.
I am so glad that you never give up on me even when I fall. Thank you.
In your precious name,
Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts